Creative Arts Academy College/University Internships
Writers Theatre’s Summer Internship Program is a part-time, paid internship for college/university students majoring in theatre and/or theatre education who have completed their Sophomore, Junior or Senior year of their undergraduate career. Working with the Education Department Staff will provide candidates with the unique opportunity to enhance their studies with a practical, hands-on approach to arts education.
Interns will divide their time between offering 4-6 weeks of administrative support for the Summer Camp and other, year-long educational programming, as well as 2 weeks of performing the duties of an Assistant Teacher in one or more of Writers Theatre’s summer classes. This combination of classroom and office experiences will offer valuable insight on the various aspects of running an Education Department.
In addition, Education Department staff will provide several opportunities for dialogue about the internship, allowing students to make valuable connections between their practical experiences and their educational goals. Staff will make themselves available for meetings to discuss the well-being and progress of interns, as well as allow and encourage them to observe classes throughout the summer.
- WTNJ’s Creative Arts Academy Summer Theatre Camp sessions run between June and August; internships will be scheduled for a period of 6-8 weeks within that time frame.
- Selected candidates will be paid a stipend of $750.00.
- Interns must guarantee a part-time commitment of 15 hours a week for the duration of the program.
- An orientation period of up to 10 hours may be required prior to the start of the internship period.
- Please note that the Intership program is dependent upon the availability of funds.
- Complete Application Form At The Bottom of This Page
- Cover Letter
- Official Transcript
- At least one letter of recommendation
Remaining materials must be sent to:
Writers Theatre / Education Department
Attn: College Summer Internship Program
P.O. Box 1295
Madison, NJ 07940
**NOTE** Applications are currently closed and will reopen again in the Spring. Please check back then to access the application form. Thank you.