- Have user names and passwords ready for
- PatronManager (Salesforce)
- WTNJ Website Administrator
- WTNJ DropBox
- Open the following two programs. All links open in new tabs. Have user names and passwords ready.
- On the WTNJ Edit Forms Page, find Submission Form New Play Development. Click on “Entries” and find the submission form for the author. This will contain all of the information on the author and the play. You will be using this in PatronManager.
- In PatronManager Contacts, search for the name of the author submitting the play.
If the author exists, click on their Account Name, scroll down to the Cloudfinder Section and see if a folder has been created for the author. If it has not, click the Create New Folder command. You may be asked to log into the WTNJ DropBox Program.
If the author does not exist, add the author as a New Contact (NOT as a New Account. A New Account will be automatically created when you create the New Contact). Once you create the New Contact, click on their Account Name, scroll down to the Cloudfinder Section and see if a folder has been created for the writer. If not click the Create New Folder command. You may be asked to log into the WTNJ Dropbox Account.
- Return to the Contact Page for the author. Scroll down the page to the NWD Script Submission Section. Click on the New NWD Script Submission Button. Enter all appropriate information on this form. Do not use the standard library protocol for entering titles (e.g., The Wild Duck= Wild Duck, The), as the title is used in correspondence (and “Wild Duck, The” looks pretty silly in an e-mail).
- Note: The Literary Agent Field is a lookup field. If you cannot find the agent in the search, you may have to add them as an account and a contact. Make the Agency the Account and the individual agent (regardless of whether it is a single person agency) as a contact in the account. Add the agency as a business.
- Note: If there is a Second Party Submission, you will need to enter that information as well. The Second Party Submission Name is a lookup field. You may have to enter that person as a contact in PatronManager if you cannot find them in the Contact database.
- Once you have entered all of the information, send a confirmation e-mail from PatronManager. On the log-in page for the script title, find the Activity History Section.
- Click on “Send an E-Mail.”
- Click on “Select Template.“
- A selection window will appear. In the Dropdown Folder field, choose “NWD Communication Templates,” and choose “Receipt of Piece Acknowledgement.” Check to make sure the e-mail looks correct (name, title of play, etc.) Find the author in the “To:” look-up field, and select their name. Their primary e-mail will appear.
- You can also send a more personalized e-mail by not selecting the template.